Saturday, December 18, 2010

Silhouette Style

The first time I really fell in love with silhouettes was when I was touring a Model Home and the color scheme was classic black and white with yellow accents. The designer used a large wall to showcase family portraits using silhouettes. It was love at first sight! I love the idea of turning family photos into art.....classic, simple and beautiful. The contrast of the black and white is what I love the most and the fact that they transition from modern to traditional. Here are some photos of silhouettes of my kids that I just had made (please excuse the poor photography...the images are black and white not yellowish) and cannot wait to get framed. I also found this great do-it-yourself video on how to make silhouettes yourself. LOVE it.
'Vanessa
My baby girl, Sabrina

My li'l guy, Jack

The little Silhouette's above these Potterybarn beds add such a cute touch.

Check out this great DIY viedo:

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...