Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Guest Room~San Clemente Project

My San Clemente project posts are coming to a close.  I hope you have been enjoying the photos! Ashlee really did a great job capturing the feel of the home. 

The Guest Room
I really love the color scheme in this room!



This room has a funky shape to it (long and narrow) and really did not have a great bed wall. It would have been too tight to put an actual bed in the room so I thought the best solution was a daybed (she needed to be able to sleep 2). It is not easy to find a nice looking daybed however, I think this one from Ballard Designs in white linen looks soft and pretty.

 Just a little design tip:  Whenever I make pillows out of larger prints I almost always use 1/4 welt in a solid color along the edge to break up the pattern. 


I will post photos of the Office on Monday.




9 comments:

Jean @ Flower Hill said...

Love that Ballard daybed. The room is beautiful!

Allyson [Mimosas in the Morning] said...

GORGEOUS! I can't wait to see more!

Anonymous said...

I love the colour scheme too. So pretty!

Mary

Life With Lucy said...

Love this space- the colors are great and that mirror ties everything together so well! So pretty! Thanks for sharing!

René said...

This room is absolutely gorgeous! The day bed was a great idea too.

Kellie Collis said...

How lovely! Those cushions are fabulous! Enjoy the gorgeous week ahead, Kellie xx

A Lived in Home said...

Very soothing! Love the wall color!

Crystal (theweekendhomemaker.com) said...

Would you mind sharing the wall color?

Maciolek Family said...

I am having my daughter's room painted tomorrow and this color is perfect. Could I please get the name of the color?
Thank you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...