Saturday, May 14, 2011

CHIC MEDIA ROOM

For this project I turned what was a big playroom into a family media room-a great spot for Movie Night! 

 I found the stripe pillows at Homegoods and created the room around them.  The large sectional (I love sectionals) is in a charcoal polyester velvet so it is incredibly soft and durable!  There is space behind the sofa (under the window) to hide the toys. I wanted to use the faux leather ottoman in white to contrast the charcoal. 

 I designed this custom built-in to accommodate a 60" TV, plenty of storage for toys and two desks for the kids.  The desk chairs are from Homegoods and the polished nickel hardware is from Restoration.



Notice the tray? :)





 I love to coordinate accessories with the fabrics and "color scheme."  I found all of the accessories at Z Gallerie and Homegoods.  I also added silk ivy plants to give this built-in texture.  I have a book dealer in LA that sells gently used Encyclopedia's and books to Set Designer's (TV and Movie) and Model Home Designer's.  Encyclopedia's are a great accessory to use to fill in large built-ins like this.  Plus, it's retro to even own encyclopedia's now! :) 
















photos by Ashlee Raubach for BDG

5 comments:

'LUSH' said...

Love the pops of turquoise! The room is very chic, very fashionable, and very inviting! Love it!

Kathysue said...

Beautiful job and just think all because of the pillows from Homegoods, I love when that happens. I just found your blog and i am loving what i see here!! Kathysue

Unknown said...

That sectional is so perfect! Did you have it custom made? I've been looking all over for something similar...

Stacy said...

Can you tell me where I could get a sectional like the charcoal gray sectional in "Chic Media Room?"

Also... what kind of fabric is it? Cotton? Soft? Brushed? corduroy?

Jaclyn said...

How did you do the wall unit?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...