Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Week of Wallpaper-Tips

If you missed yesterday's post, I decided to give my readers a Week of Wallpaper.  Today, I am just sharing some quick tips on how to select a paper to complement your space.  It is always hard to narrow down a list of "Tips" but I hope this general guide will help you select your perfect paper!


My tips for selecting a wallpaper 
1.  Wallpapers look great in small spaces  
ex. Laundry room, Bathroom and Entry.  These are relatively small in space and often times need the added personality of a paper.  The Dining Room, Master Bedroom and Children's Room's are also great spaces for wallpaper.

Pinned Image
via

2.  Think about the print  
Does the room need a bold pattern or would it benefit from more of a texture?  Sometimes the more simplistic wallpaper will add the most!

 Pinned Image
via
Folia Wallcoverings -  - Romo Fabrics
via

3.  The drama is often in the color  
Consider the amount of "drama" the room can handle!  Some spaces benefit from a bright colorful paper and some benefit from a metallic, a tone-on-tone stripe or even a strong black/navy paper. 

Marenka Wallpapers -  - Romo Fabrics
via


Marenka Wallpapers -  - Romo Fabrics
via

4.  Consider the surroundings
What color is the flooring?  The countertop?  Make sure the materials that are in the space work with the colors in the paper.

Pinned Image
via

5.  Get creative
Wallpaper can be used as a great accessory!  I love it in the back of bookshelves and on ceilings!

Pinned Image

Have you wallpapered recently?  Any favorite retail resources for purchasing wallpaper?  I would love to hear!!


2 comments:

monie said...

Just discovered your blog recently and i'm loving your posts! I've been wanting to wallpaper my bathrooms and this post offers such great ideas. Can you recommend a place in Southern California (i reside in Orange County) that offers a good selection of wallpapers?

Mary Ann Pickett said...

I am ordering a Phillip Jeffries blue/green grass cloth for a law office. How do you feel about wallpaper and steam in bathrooms? I love it in powder rooms...but where there are showers, I am afraid.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...