Monday, January 28, 2013

My Favorite Window Treatments & Tips

Custom Window Treatments can be pricey!
The labor involved and the amount of fabric required really add up.  They also need to have lining and whatever type of hardware needed per treatment.
However, they are a beautiful addition to any space and well worth the investment.
I put together a little round-up of my favorite window treatments I designed the past couple of years.

This kravet fabric is one of my favorites!  I love the way it works up as a simple grommet style panel.

What I love about this stacked roman shade is the fact that it brings in the splash of color this neutral dining room needed.  The print is gorgeous it adds to the simple elegance of this dining room.

This simple roman shade in white with a solid color band looks clean and simple but brings in a splash of color.  I love all things that contrast and this roman is a favorite!


This roman works so great in this nook area because the room really needed a print and color.  With the wood table, chairs, buffet and flooring, the patterend fabric really softened the space.

This Schumacher print is also a long time favorite.

Not everyone can afford to bring in custom treatments but there are so many great semi-custom shades and panels on Etsy that can give you the look for less.  I have used pre-made treatments in many homes and they also add a beautiful touch. 
Take the time to look around at different options.  Also, be sure and check out this popular post on Drapery tips.
Have a great week!

2 comments:

Megan said...

I am so glad you posted this - I was just going to email you because I'm at a loss with our windows! I never considered Roman Shades!

fupaladin95 said...

Question about the 4th picture:
My 14 year old daughter and I have been talking about putting bookshelves and a window seat around the window in her bedroom and using white roman shades with a solid color trim. She said she really likes light color walls. When you posted this picture, I was hoping (okay, praying-we are talking about a 14 year old here!) that this look is what she was envisioning. Eureka! She says this is exactly what she wants. So, first of all, thank you for these beautiful rooms-I love them all! Second, my question is: what flooring did you use? Thank you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...